ICMDA – EAST AFRICA REGION REPORTING
The mission of CMA (Christian Medical Association) is the promotion of the Shalom of Jesus Christ to all:
Medical doctors, Students, Sick people, and Congolese population;
through Evangelism, Equipping for Leadership and Mentorship.
The vision of CMA is to build up a national movement of Christian Doctor
in every community in DRC for the holistic Healing of our nation.
Humility for service: John 13:5 “After that,
he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet,
drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him 15;
for I have given you an example, so that you may do as I did to you. »
– Deepening the spiritual life of Christian doctors and medical students
– Encourage Christian doctors to practice the Christian faith,
and respect medical ethics in the practice of the medical profession.
– Provide a regular framework to exchange experience, views,
information and promote friendship and cooperation between Christian doctors.
– mentoring Christian medical students to create groups of junior students/graduates.
– Encourage and support the work of medical missions at home and abroad
The International Christian Medical and Dental Association “ICMDA” exist since 1963.
CMA became full registered member of ICMDA in August 2018.
Becoming a member of CMA
- Write an application letter to the CMA’s National Committee (NC) or complete the membership application form available at the CMA office or website http://amcrdcmed.net, [email protected]
- The application will be considered and proposed to the General Assembly.
- A member card with notification letter will be issued after acceptance in the association
PRAISES: (THINGS TO THANK GOD FOR)
- The 2nd national conference was held from 1st-4th August 2019 at Hope Land Vision site Idjwi Island, Republic Democratic of Congo. The themes of the conference was “RAISE UP AND BUILD TOGOTHER RESPONSIBLE LEADERS”, the focus being on rising up and work together side by side with strengthened hands for the powerful and responsible God fearing leadership in the DRC. It was inspired by the verse Nehemiah 2:18 (KJV)18 “Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king’s words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.” The conference was well attended, with 72 delegates representing 4 provinces of DRC.
The Conference was organized by the Christian Medical Association (CMA),
PROGRAMME OUTLINE: The conference included the Students’ and Junior Graduates’ and senior Doctors.
The conference offered Bible expositions, devotions,
and plenaries, and a breack out sessions over the 4 days on 18 topics with 13 facilitators
who were experts in their areas of work/mission.
Their inspiring talks were challenging and sound teaching,
encouraged participants to respond to God’s calling for responsible leadership
in their profession of health and healing.
At the CMA General Assembly on 2nd August afternoon,
the reports of the National board, was presented and accepted,
The Assembly also appointed decided the financial contribution
that might serve for the expansion of the vision.
Contributions were fixed to $10, 25 and 120 annually for students,
junior and senior doctors respectively.
Health care center, and assurance company projects were accepted
and the GA appointed the national board to commence lobbying.
- We praise God for the work AMC has done this year launching two more branches in two more provinces in the DRC, which are in Ituri province precisely in Bunia town and Katanga province. we as well thank the Lord for the official acceptance of the association in 2 more medical schools in Goma town (North-Kivu province).
- We praise God for the increase number of members across the D.R.C